Theme: Abdulhadi Shammah
The competition is organized by Egypt Cartoon Blog In cooperation with Tomato Cartoon magazine, and aims to highlight the most important creators and knights of cartoon in the Arab world and the world.
The competition celebrates in its first edition, an artist who, through his long career with the art of caricature, possessed an exceptional ability to capture ideas from our daily lives, his deep lines and drawings, touched human concerns and pain, in addition, the simplicity of his idea and the depth of its meanings which made the Syrian cartoonist "Abdulhadi Shammah" able to attract the audience to his drawings, he achieved a remarkable presence in the world of caricature and created his own mark on it.
The topic of the Competition:
A caricature drawing of Syrian cartoonist "Abdulhadi Shammah".
• Participation is open to all artists from all over the world.
• The submitted artwork should be at a resolution of 300 dpi.
• Size A3 (297mmx420mm) in JPG format.
• Artwork are accepted in color or black and white, and any style or technique.
• The participant has the right to submit only two artworks.
• The organizers has the rights of publishing and promoting chosen artworks a via media, printed and visual ads and social media.
• An electronic catalog of the artwork participating in the exhibition will be sent to all artists via e-mail.
Deadline for submission of artwork:
July 30, 2023
Send your caricature via e-mail:
First prize: 300 $
5 honour prizes (Certificates) will be awarded.
* The artist Abdulhadi Shammah, a cartoonist for the Syrian newspaper al-Watan, was born in Aleppo in 1954. He holds a BA from the Faculty of Fine Arts, Damascus University. He began publishing his drawings in 1977, and held a duet exhibition with the artist Naji al-Ali, Aleppo 1979. He also held several solo and group exhibitions in Syria, Lebanon and Czech Republic, and he is a co-founder member of the Arab Cartoonists Association.
Political Cartoon by Abdulhadi Shammah from Syria