Theme: fish, fishermen, fishing in nets, etc...
The Regulations concerning the International Satirical Picture Competition „KARPIK” Niemodlin, Poland
These Regulations (hereinafter referred to as the Regulations) specify the terms and conditions of
holding the International Satirical Picture Competition „KARPIK” (hereinafter referred to as the
1. The Competition is organized by Agnieszka Osiecka Cultural Centre in Niemodlin.
2. The Participants of the Competition may be natural persons, of legal age, with full legal
capacity regardless of their place of residence.
3. Participation in the Competition is free of charge.
Application for participation in the Competition is equivalent to the participant's acceptance of the
Regulations in their entirety. The Participant undertakes to comply with the rules set out therein, as
well as confirms that he meets the conditions that entitle him to participate in the Competition.
1. Submitting entry of participation in the competition consists of sending to the Organizer an
original version of a freehand drawing on the subject of fish, fishermen, fishing in nets, etc.,
meeting the conditions set out in these Regulations.
2. Drawings in sizes not exceeding A3 format are taking part in the Competition.
3. Each participant of the Competition is entitled to present a maximum 2 works.
4. Each of the entries submitted should be described on the reverse in the following manner: the
date of completing the work, the author's full name and address, contact details such as the
telephone number or the e-mail address.
5. Providing personal data referred to in paragraph 4, is voluntary, but necessary to conduct the
Their submission is tantamount to consenting to the processing of these data, and
failure to provide the data in question will consequently exclude the participant and the works sent by him from the Competition.
6. The submitted work must be authored by the Participant. By accepting the Regulations, the Participant declares that he is the author of the work submitted to the Competition and that he has unlimited proprietary copyrights and dependent rights to use and dispose of the submitted work.
7. Works submitted for participation in the Competition which will not comply with the terms and conditions set out in these Regulations shall not be included in the Competition.
1. The Competition is announced by the Organizer annually, not later than by January 15 of a given calendar year and lasts till November 30 of the same year.
2. The works must be sent in a package preventing their damage.
3. The Organizers shall not be responsible for any losses or damage caused during the transport of the works.
4. The Competition entries may be submitted from the day of announcement of the competition
until September 30 of the same year.
The deadline for submissions is September 30.
The date of receipt by the organizer is what counts.
5. The Works with the note "Karpik" on the envelope should be sent to the following address:
Ośrodek Kultury w Niemodlinie,
ul. M. Reja1,
49-100 Niemodlin, POLAND
1. The selection of the award-winning works will be based on the following criteria:
1) the idea consistent with the theme of the competition,
2) the performance technique.
2. The winning entries are selected by the Jury, whose members will be made public after the completion of their work. The chairman of the Jury, if it is possible for organizational reasons,
is the Grand Prix winner of the last edition of the Competition.
3. The winner of the competition in a given year shall be selected in the first half of October this year from among works that meet the criteria of these Regulations.
4. The final result of the Competition will be published on the Cultural Centre’s website:
5. The winners of the Competition shall receive the prizes specified in § 7.
1. The prizes of the Competition are as follows:
1) Grand Prix – PLN 2,800 gross
2) three main prizes – PLN 1,150 gross each
2. The organizer may grant additional prizes or distinctions in any form or amount he chooses.
3. The competition prize will be issued only in the form specified in the Regulations, without the possibility of exchange for another prize in kind.
4. The main prize may be handed over at the Organizer's headquarters after prior notification of the competition winner during the prize giving gala or it may be sent by post to the winner's home address or bank account.
5. In case the Participant fails to collect the award in person, it shall be sent by post to the winner’s address.
6. In the case referred to in the paragraph 5 above, the winner of the competition shall pay the prize shipping cost. The shipping cost will be deducted from the prize received.
1. The organizer has the exclusive right to choose the winner of the Competition based on the principles set out in these Regulations.
2. Pursuant to art. 30 paragraph 1 point 2 of the Act on personal income tax (income) on winnings from competitions, games and betting or prizes related to bonus sales obtained in a Member State of the European Union or in another country of the European Economic Area, subject to art. 21 paragraph 1 points 6, 6a and 68 - a flat-rate income tax of 10% on the prize or prize is collected. The tax on winnings is collected without reducing the income by the
costs of obtaining. The cost of the prize tax is covered by the prize winners.
3. The organizer shall pay the competition prize and also collect from the winner of the Competition an appropriate amount of flat-rate tax on winning the Competition and will pay it to the account of the relevant tax office, in accordance with applicable regulations.
1. Upon the submission of the entry to the Organizer, the Organizer will obtain non-exclusive licence for an indeterminate period of time, which will authorise the Organizer to free use of proprietary copyrights to the entry in the following areas of exploitation:
a) using the work on the organizer’s website,b) presenting the work during the post-contest exhibition,c) placing reproductions of the work in catalogues presenting the entries which will be distributed by the Organizer for promotional purposes of the Competition.
2. On the issuing of the prize to the Participant, the Organizer gains free proprietary rights to the awarded entry of the Participant in the following areas of exploitation:
1) with regard to the right to record and multiply the work using printing and digital techniques;
2) with regard to distribution of the work – in form of public exposition and making the work available in such manner that everybody could have access to it at a time and place chosen by
themselves, in particular by placing it in the Organizer’s advertising or promotional materials.
3. Upon delivery of the competition entry to the Organizer, ownership of the drawing shall be transferred to the Organizer.
1. Participant's participation in the Competition does not constitute grounds for demanding any remuneration by him.
2. All materials promoting the Competition are solely of an advertising nature, while only the provisions of the Regulations are binding.
1. The Organizer is not responsible for problems in the functioning of the Competition, if they occurred as a result of events that the Organizer, with due diligence, was not able to predict or
which could not be prevented, in particular in the case of problems related to random events of force majeure, participating in the Competition contrary to the provisions of these Regulations
and damages caused by them.
2. The Organizer is not responsible for the inability to collect the Prize for reasons beyond his control and on the part of the Competition Participant.
3. Winners of the Competition shall not be entitled to transfer the right to the Prize to third parties.
4. The winner of the Competition may waive the prize in writing, but in return he is not entitled to any other equivalent.
The provisions of these Regulations of the Competition are the sole basis for conducting the Competition, and their interpretation belongs solely to the organizer of the Competition and is final.
The Organizer of the Contest has the right to exclude the Contest Participant or his work in the event of the Participant's failure to comply with the law, decency, violation of these Regulations or other
violation of the rights or interests of the Organizer.
1. These Regulations constitute the sole binding document specifying the rules of the Competition.
2. The organizer reserves the right to amend these Regulations in the event of a change in legal regulations or for another important reason, in particular if the change allows the Competition
to be carried out efficiently and in accordance with the regulations, provided that it does not violate the participants' acquired rights.
3. The text and any amendments to these Regulations will be publicly announced on the Cultural Centre’s website www.okniemodlin.org.
In connection with the requirements of the provisions on the protection of personal data, the organizer
of the competition, being at the same time, the administrator of personal data, included in Annex 1 to these Regulations, information on the processing of personal data.
Annex 1 to the International Satirical Picture Competition „KARPIK”
INFORMATION ON THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
Organizing and conducting cultural activities Organization of the International Satirical Picture Competition „KARPIK”
1. The administrator of your personal data is Agnieszka Osiecka Cultural Centre in Niemodlin,
ul. Mikołaja Reja 1, 49-100 Niemodlin, phone/fax: (+48) 774 606 096, e-mail: email@example.com, http://www.okniemodlin.org
2. The data protection officer is Krzysztof Kranc, phone .: (+48) 509 947 925, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Your personal data is processed in order to organize and conduct cultural activities within the
scope of the organization of the International Satirical Competition "KARPIK". Legal basis for processing your personal data:
a. consent to the processing of personal data of the data subject.
4. Recipients of personal data / categories of data recipients: public recipient informed through the administrator's publications and social media (Internet - including social media, radio press
television) and the jury of the contest.
In addition, to ensure the accuracy and transparency of processing, we inform you that:
5. Your personal data will be stored for the period necessary to implement the abovementioned
the purpose of processing, i.e. until the resolution of the contest in question, and in addition, in relation to the names, surnames and images of the contestants, for the period of publication of
6. You have the right to request the administrator to access your personal data, the right to rectify it, delete or limit processing, the right to object to their processing, as well as the right to
transfer your data, when and to the extent that it is permitted by applicable law and possible for the administrator.
7. In relation to processing, based on your consent, you have the right, at any time, to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data, without affecting the lawfulness of the
processing that was carried out on the basis of consent before its withdrawal.
8. In the event of a breach of the provisions on the protection of personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint to the supervisory body, i.e. to the Office for Personal Data Protection.
9. Providing your personal data:
a. is not a statutory requirement,
b. is a contractual requirement but is not a condition for concluding a contract.
Providing your personal data processed on the basis of consent is voluntary.
Failure to provide personal data, which is not mandatory, prevents participation in the
10. Decisions regarding your person are not made in an automated manner.
11. Your personal data is not profiled.