Theme: GOOD MORNING,BEAVERS LAUGH
1 – PARTICIPATION:
1 April to 1 August 2023
The 7th “BEAVERS LAUGH” Bobritsa Village Cartoon Competition (the Ukraine) is open to all graphic artists, who can enter works that have not been awarded until the closing date of the entries, in the cartoon, caricature and comics modalities (the comic strip should have only one page).
– The official opening of the Exhibition will take place on 9 September 2023, with the announcement of the winners of the contest.
– Each artist can enroll with the maximum of five (5) UNPUBLISHED works in the preferable format 30×40 cm (А4 minimum) and using any technique. On the back of each drawing, or in registration you must provide the author’s full name, address (with ZIP code), email, phone number.
– The artists can participate by sending their work:
(a) by email: firstname.lastname@example.org (with maximum size of 10 megabytes of each artwork sent separately or 10 megabytes for all artworks).
(b) by post or courier mail:
Bobritsa Cartoon Competition
27 Naberezhaya Street,
Bobritsa, Buchansky District,
Kiev Region, 08142,
2 – MAIN THEME & BEAVERS THEME
The main theme of the 7th Bobritsa Cartoon
Competition is GOOD MORNING!
– Although the name of the contest is BEAVERS LAUGH (in Ukrainian language the name of the village Bobritsa originates from “beaver”), this does NOT mean that the artworks should be only about beavers.
First of all, they should be original, smart and funny, so, please, do not restrict yourself to beavers as heroes!
– Meantime, apart to the main theme of the contest we have our SPECIAL BEAVER AWARD for all «beavers» artworks as well!
3 – AWARDS
First prize for the main theme: EURO 500 (five hundred).
Second prize for the main theme: EUR) 300 (three hundred).
Third prize for the main theme: EURO 200 (two hundred).
Appreciation awards (2): EURO 100 (one hundred) each.
Special BEAVER AWARD (awarded for artworks where BEAVERS are the heroes regardless if they «fit» the main theme): EURO 300 (three hundred).
4 – OTHER RULES
– Before the official announcement of the winners by the Jury, the organizers reserve the right to publish electronic copies of the preliminary selected artworks (from which the Jury will make its final selection) in the internet with the purpose to determine with the help of the public if any of submitted artwork repeats or copies previously published cartoons.
– By sending his / her artwork to the contest the author gives to the organizers his / her permission to display publicly the artwork during the award ceremony as well as to publish it electronically on the official sites / pages of the contest on the internet or in other electronic and print media in connection with the promotion of the contest, advertisement and news / reports publishing. If you are not agreeing with this you should not send your artwork to us.
– The awarded artworks will be considered acquisitive and will become part the property of the organizers, and all winning artists assign their copyright and property rights worldwide to the organizers from the date when their artworks were submitted.
– The works will not be returned.
– May not participate in this competition officials of Bobritsa village community, the Jury, their relatives and anyone involved in the organization.
– The award cash amounts are payable only upon the receipt of the original artworks by the organizers of the Competition to the personal bank accounts (IBAN or another appropriate bank account number, full name of the bank, bank code (BIC / SWIFT), correspondent bank’s name and account (for non-EU banks)) of the winners provided in writing (email) along with copies of their passports / IDs (if required by our bank).
– The organizers have full discretion to decline any submission before the Jury’s consideration and to revoke / cancel any prize awarded by the Jury in case of confirmed facts of plagiarism, repetition of the plot etc.
– By sending your artwork to the organizers you (participant) confirm his/her full agreement to all terms above.
For any information, please, contact:
email@example.com or send a message via our Facebook page.