Theme: Pulling the plug on social media
20th International Editorial Cartoon Competition for Press Freedom Canada | 2020
Theme:Pulling the plug on social media
1. The theme for the 20th International Editorial Cartoon Competition is: Pulling the plug on social media
2. Three prizes will be awarded:
a first prize of $1500 plus a Certificate from Canadian UNESCO, a second prize of $750 and a third prize of $500.
All sums are in Canadian dollars.
Ten additional cartoons will receive an ‘Award of Excellence.’ Regrettably no financial remuneration accompanies the Awards of Excellence.
3. Only one cartoon will be accepted from each cartoonist. It may be either in colour or black and white and must not have won an award.
4. The size of the cartoon should not exceed A4; 21 by 29.2 cm; or 8.5 by 11 inches. Cartoons should be in jpeg format at 300 dpi.
5. The name, address, telephone number and a short biography of the cartoonist must be included in the submission.
6. The Canadian Committee for World Press Freedom shall have the right to use any of the cartoons entered for promotion of the Editorial Cartoon Competition.
7. The winners of the Cartoon Competition will be announced at the World Press Freedom Day luncheon to be held at the National Arts Centre in Ottawa on Tuesday May 5, 2020 and will be advised by e-mail. The winner’s names and their cartoons will be posted on the CCWFP web site.
8. The winning cartoons will be published in a program distributed at the luncheon.
Deadline:Friday, March 27, 2020
The deadline for reception of cartoons is midnight (Eastern Daylight Saving Time), Friday, March 27, 2020.
Send submission by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org