The conditions for participation in the 13th International Turhan Selçuk Cartoon Competition, organiz by the Milas Municipality on behalf of Turhan Selçuk, the "Lord of the Line", have been determined.
1. The competition is open to any cartoonist.
2. It is acceptable to enter with cartoons that have been published previously. However, they should not have won any prize/award in any other competition.
3. The technique is free. The cartoonist can participate in the competition with a maximum of 5 works. The works are original or It can also be accepted by e-mail in 300 dpi and jpg format suitable for printing.
Our institution is not responsible for unopened files.
4. All cartoons must be 30x40cm maximum.
5. The participants must write their names (first and surname) in capital letters, address, e-mail, country and telephone number; a brief CV should be submitted in a sealed envelope.
6. Cartoons must be sent to the address below until April 30, 2023.
13th INTERNATIONAL TURHAN SELÇUK CARTOON COMPETITION
Milas Belediyesi Kültür ve Sosyal İşler Müdürlüğü
7. The results of the competition will be announced on 17 May 2023.
8. The cartoons sent to the competition will not be returned. All cartoons, whether they have won a prize or not, may be used for cultural purposes and may be published. Participation assumes acceptance of these conditions. All cartoons will be kept in the ‘Milas Belediyesi Kültür ve Sosyal İşler Müdürlüğü’.
9. The works selected by the jury will be exhibited and included in the album.
10. The reward ceremony will be held on September 2023. The opening of the exhibition will be held on the same date, in ‘Milas Municipality Conference Hall’ for cartoons which have won an award or have been selected for display. The exhibition will be open until 1st October 2023.
11. Accommodation and meal expenses for participants who have won a ‘Special Award’ will be met. Travel expenses will be borne by the participants. Travel, accommodation and meal expenses for competitors who come first, second and third will be met by Milas Municipality.
First Prize: 20.000,00 TL
Second Prize:15,000,00 TL
Third Prize: 10.000.00 TL
Other Special Awards:
Special awards to be put by various organizations, associations, newspapers, art magazines, unions, agencies and individuals.
Muhammet Tokat – Mayor of Milas
Kamil Masaracı - Cartoonist
İzel Rozental - Cartoonist
Betül Yılmaz - Cartoonist
Vladimir Kazanevsky – Cartoonist / Ukraine
Esmaeil Babaei – Cartoonist / Iran
Kutlukhan Perker - Cartoonist
Ali Fuat Süer - Cartoonist
Ali Şur - Cartoonist
Mehmet Nergiz - Coordinator
NOTE: The jury meeting will be held on May 13, 2023.