Theme: Climate Change
22 May – 31 July 2023
Theme : Climate Change
Tackle Climate Change with Creativity
Recognising the urgency of the global challenge of climate change, it is everyone’s contribution to make a change. Big change starts with a small step. No matter where you are living in, you can incorporate a more sustainable practice in your daily life, and promote the awareness of climate change to the world. Empowered by today’s technology, your aspirations and efforts to tackle climate change can be shared across the world beyond geographic barriers, inspiring others to act together for the future of our climate.
The “Art on Climate” International Illustration Competition is inviting illustrators from the Asia-Pacific region to create artworks that address the theme of climate change. Its goal is to provide a platform for the exchange of ideas and solutions to tackle climate change, and to inspire the public to make meaningful changes to shape their lifestyle in response to this global challenge.
Any person aged 18 or above*, from any location, is eligible to participate.
*Aged 18 or above on 21 May 2023.
Organised by Fingertips Company Limited and sponsored by Allianz Global Investors (AllianzGI), “Art on Climate” is an international illustration competition held globally, with aims to bring greater awareness of solutions to tackle climate change.
The competition was first launched in Spain in 2019, and extended its footprint to the Asia-Pacific region and the global world in 2021 and 2022 respectively. In 2022, the global campaign has attracted over 2,300 illustrators, with more than 3,400 artworks from over 100 locations. Continuing the great success of last year, the competition is back to the Asia-Pacific region in 2023, inviting illustrators and students to showcase their talents and skills, and to promote the awareness and solutions of climate change to the world.
AllianzGI has been a pioneer in sustainable investment since 20 years ago, and a signatory of the United Nations Principal for Responsible Investment (UN PRI) since 2007. We are committed to shape the future by providing sustainable solutions that seek to transform business and reshape our daily lives. We believe that this can generate positive outcome not just for investors, but for the community as a whole. Echoing with the 2023 competition’s aims, we invite everyone to join us to shape a better future.
Theme of the Competition
Participants are invited to submit original works on the theme of “climate change”. Participants should use one or more of the statements below as a starting point for their work:
1. Shape the future with your lifestyle:
Climate change is a global challenge, we all face the same challenge wherever you live. Our daily life practices can make a change, shape a better future for all of us. Our choices of public transportation, energy saving electrical appliances and use of eco-friendly materials can be a big step to save the environment.
2. Sustain ourselves in the future of climate change:
Climate change implies we will need to adapt to new habits to sustain ourselves. The change of global temperature means changes to weather, marine ecosystem and animal habitats. This will also affect our ways of construction, working practice and food chain, etc. While we are working together to tackle climate change from worsening, it is also important to sustain ourselves in a changing environment.
3. Partner with others to develop solutions with the use of technology:
While you start fighting against climate change, you can make a bigger difference by partnering with others to form a more influential group. With the advanced technology today, it is convenient and easy to share your green routines with others to raise their awareness of climate change globally.
4. Create real-life change through collective action:
The more people and organizations to put climate change a priority, the more power united to shape the pathways to a sustainable future. With more countries pledged to commit “net-zero emission” by 2050, the collective actions to fight against climate change have been elevated to the highest level. Unity is the biggest power to change the future.
5. Provide better living standard from climate actions:
Different countries are working together to combat climate change. Their actions do not only benefit the environment, they also bring significance to our daily lives. Switching energy systems from fossil fuels to renewable energy will bring us cleaner air. Creating more green jobs and improving public health will provide us a better living standard. Preserving ecosystems animals and plants can build a more prosperous world economy for all.
* Must be original works relevant to the theme of the competition and submitted by participants on an individual basis.
* Each participant may submit up to a maximum of three artworks.
* The submitted artwork(s) must not have been previously published or previously used for any other purpose.
* No signatures, words, symbols or pictures that identify the participants may be placed on the submitted artwork(s).
* Can be in any medium (for example, painting, computer software, mixed media), but the result must be a flat image and created in color. Clip art is not allowed.
* Should be in A3 size (297mm x 420mm), in either horizontal or vertical format.
* Must be uploaded in JPG format, with a resolution of no less than 300 dpi, and the total size of each entry should be no more than 10MB.
* Each artwork should be accompanied by a short description (minimum 30 words, maximum 100 words).
Awards and Exhibition
* Champion, 1st runner-up, 2nd runner-up and Merit winners will receive a customized award certificate by email.
* The winning artworks and selected other works will be put on display in a virtual exhibition.
* 53 winning artworks will be selected based on the 100-point scale that judges used for rating. The three artworks that received the highest number of points will be ranked as Champion, 1st runner-up and 2nd runner-up accordingly, whereas the other 50 selected winning artworks will be ranked as Merit.