Theme: Visit to the museum / Right to a fair trial
All contestants will be admitted with no distinction made regarding nationality or age. There
are two categories:
• Youth category up to 15 years inclusive;
• Adult category: 16 years and older.
Both professional and non-professional cartoonists are allowed to participate in this contest.
The main theme is ‘A visit to the museum’. This year Amnesty International offers the best
cartoon with the theme ‘Right to a fair trial’. More information about the theme Amnesty
International is to be found in annex to this regulation.
• Contributions have to be digital works. They shouldn’t contain an explanation of the
• The digital works have to be sent in JPEG format with a minimum of resolution of 300 dpi
(2480 x 3543 pixels).
• Dimensions including any passe-partout 21 x 30 cm (A4).
• Number of entries per contestant: maximum five for each theme.
• You have to record your contact details through www.olensekartoenale.be.
• You can sign up your participation from 1 July 2021.
• The originals of the rewarded cartoons, your curriculum vitae and a photograph will be
asked and must be sent to Community Olen, Dorp 1, 2250 Olen, Belgium within 2 days
after the request of the organization.
4. Property rights
Prize-winning works will become the property of the organizer or theme sponsor. All works
selected may be used by the organizers to promote the contest and the village of Olen.
The jury consists of artists, cartoonists and laymen. Decisions made by the jury cannot be
6. Catalogue/Cartoon book
Selected works will be considered for inclusion in a catalogue. The authors of these works
will receive a free copy of the catalogue during the prize ceremony or it will be send afterwards
7. Deadline: 13 September 2021
The deadline is 13 september 2021 at 12.00 AM midnight. The entry form you can find on
www.olensekartoenale.be where you also can upload your works. Do not sent your works to
For the adult category:
st prize: 1500 euro
nd prize: 700 euro
rd prize: 400 euro
th prize: 300 euro
Prize of the city of Bialogard (only for Polish participants): 200 euro
Special prize Amnesty International: 350 euro
For the youth category:
Prize for best international work: 250 euro
Prize for best Belgian work: 250 euro