Theme: the figure of Francisco de Quevedo and Villegas
The entities promoting this award are:
City Council of Ciudad Real,Villanueva de los Infantes Town Hall(Ciudad Real)
Francisco de Quevedo Foundation
Denomination of Origin Manchego Cheese
Cooperative Our Lady of Antigua and Sto Tomás de Villanueva de los Infantes
The Hyper of Campo de Montiel – HiperCash GH
Author Wines Guide
Barraquete Design and Communication
Anyone who wants to participate in the contest can participate in the contest without age limit, both individually
as jointly between two or more cartoonists or between scriptwriter and cartoonist. each participant
You can present a maximum of three works.
The theme of the works will be directly or indirectly related to the figure of Francisco de
Quevedo and Villegas, being able to appear the character or any topic related to the life of him or his
works and will have a clear humorous intention. In this edition the theme of the works will focus on
around the motto: "Quevedo and the Arts" (1).
(1) Arts means any of the 7 recognized fine arts: Architecture, Sculpture,
Painting, Music, Literature, Dance and Cinema.
4. CHARACTERISTICS OF THE DRAWINGS IN COMPETITION
The works presented must be of their own creation and unpublished, they may be in vignette, strip,
caricature etc. and not have been presented in another contest. The works will necessarily be
original and signed if they are on paper or other material. Works made digitally will be sent
in JPG at 300dpi and 100% of the original size. They may be in color or black and white, the dimension
maximum will be 29.7 x 42 cm (A3) and can be presented in landscape or portrait format.
The works may be with or without text. Works containing text can be written in
any of the official languages of Spain. Those that come from outside Spain must be labeled
6. DEADLINES AND SHIPPING
The deadline for the delivery of the works will be at 11:59 p.m. on June 18, 2022 of each
time zone. The date and time of postage at the post office will be considered valid.
or in sending email.
The works will be sent to the following postal address:
Francisco de Quevedo Foundation
Station Walk, 17 - 5º D
28904 – Getafe (Madrid)
The works in digital format will be sent by email or WeTransfer to:
In all cases, the works must be accompanied by the registration sheet where they are reflected
the data of the participants such as: name and surname, telephone number, year and place of birth,
postal address and email.
7. EXHIBITION OF THE WORKS
The presentation of the works to the contest implies the express authorization of the Museum of Graphic Humor
de Quevedo to use the images for exhibition purposes in the Museum itself and/or in the facilities
of any of the promoters, organizers or sponsoring entities.
Of the works presented, a certain number will be selected, in the opinion of the Jury, for the
exhibition to be held. The exhibition of the works will not generate any economic right for
any of the parts.
Likewise, a catalog will be made in PDF format, which will be exhibited on the Foundation's website
Francisco de Quevedo https://www.franciscodequevedo.org and, if feasible, will be held at
paper, which will be sent to the award-winning and/or selected cartoonists.
This edition of the International Prize for Graphic Humor and Caricature consists of the following
prizes and economic endowment:
1st Prize: 1,500 euros
2nd Prize: 1,000 euros
3rd Prize: 500 euros
Honorable mention: 250 euros
The amounts of the prizes will be subject to the taxes and legal withholdings that are applicable to them.
The winners must provide the number of a bank account and its corresponding IBAN in the
that the payment of each one of the prizes regulated in these bases will be made effective.
The winners with the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Prize, who live in Spanish territory (Except the Canary Islands
and Balearic Islands), undertake to collect the award in person at the event scheduled for
these effects. Transportation and lodging expenses, if necessary, will be paid by the
The jury for these “QuevedoCartoon” Graphic Humor and Cartoon Awards will be made up of:
• José María Gallego, graphic humorist (from Gallego and Rey) – Spain
• Adriana Mosquera, graphic humorist – Colombia
• Arturo Molero, graphic humorist – Spain
• Mahboube Pakdel, cartoonist – Iran
• José Luis Rivas, President of the Francisco de Quevedo Foundation
• A representative of the sponsors.
10. OPERATION OF THE JURY The Jury will act in full, being necessary the assistance, face-to-face or telematic, of the majority single of its members. The Jury reserves the right to declare any of the prizes if, in his opinion, there are no works of sufficient quality. The Jury's decision will be made in a maximum period of 2 months after the deadline for submitting the works and their verdict will be communicated to all participants and published on the web pages of the institutions and organizing entities as well as in different media and RRSS.
11. RIGHTS AND OWNERSHIP OF THE WORKS The awarded and selected works will become part of the funds of the Museum of Humor Quevedo chart. The authors of the works assign all their rights for publication, exhibition and disclosure by any means, always citing their authorship and provided that no income is generated from them. In In the event that the publication, exhibition and dissemination generate economic rights, 25% is set of the same for the authors. Paper works not awarded or selected, will be returned at the expense of the organization, provided that this is expressly requested in the shipment. Otherwise, they will also form part from the holdings of the Museum of Graphic Humor in Quevedo. In all cases, whenever requested, a Certificate of Donation of the work will be delivered.
12. ACCEPTANCE OF THE RULES The presentation of the works supposes the acceptance of these bases by all the authors.