The requirements have been announced for the 12th International Turhan Selçuk Cartoon Competition, which is being organised this year by Milas Municipality, as they have done every year for the “Master of the Penstroke.”
Turhan Selçuk’s brand and reputation extend beyond Milas into the international arena, and the cartoon competition named in his honour will be chaired this year by Prof. Dr. Yılmaz Büyükerşen who, in addition to being a successful Mayor of Eskişehir, can also lay claim to titles like sculptor and cartoonist.
Milas plays host to the School of Cartoons,whose aim is to introduce the master Turhan Selçuk,who has gained an undying presence in the cartoon world, to future generations; its museum of Turhan Selçuk; and its Open Air Park Complex,named after the great cartoonist, and as such is living the excitement of getting preparations for the 2022 competition underway.
The last day for participation in the 12th International Turhan Selçuk Cartoon Competition- initiated 11 years ago by the Mayor of Milas, Muhammet Tokat, renowned for his significant support for arts and culture - is 30th April 2022.
The Selection Committee,under the chairmanship of Prof. Dr. Yılmaz Büyükerşen that will be judging the participating cartoons,will convene on 12th May 2022.
1. The competition is open to any cartoonist.
2. It is acceptable to enter with cartoons that have been published previously. However, they should not have won any prize/award in any other competition.
3. Any technique is allowed. The cartoonist can submit a maximum of 5 cartoons. Originals or electronic versions suitable for printing in 300 dpi and jpg format sent by e-mail would also be acceptable. No reponsibility will be assumed for documents sent in different formats and documents that can not be opened.
4. All cartoons must be 30x40cm maximum.
5. The participants must write their names (first and surname) in capital letters, address, e-mail, country and telephone number; a brief CV should be submitted in a sealed envelope.
6. Cartoons must be sent to the address below by July 31, 2022 at the latest.
12th INTERNATIONAL TURHAN SELÇUK CARTOON COMPETITION
Milas Belediyesi Kültür ve Sosyal İşler Müdürlüğü 48200-Milas-Muğla / Turkey
7. The results of the competition will be announced on 18 May 2022.
8. The cartoons sent to the competition will not be returned. All cartoons, whether they have won a prize or not, may be used for cultural purposes and may be published.
Participation assumes acceptance of these conditions.
All cartoons will be kept in the ‘Turhan Selçuk Karikatürlü Ev’.
9. The cartoons selected by the jury will be displayed in the exhibition and will also be printed in the album.
10. The reward ceremony will be held on 14th September 2022. The opening of the exhibition will be held on the same date, in ‘Turhan Selçuk Karikatürlü Ev’ for cartoons which have won an award or have been selected for display.
The exhibition will be open until 01st October 2022.
11. Accommodation and meal expenses for participants who have won a ‘Special Award’ will be met. Travel expenses will be borne by the participants. Travel, accommodation and meal expenses for competitors who come first, second and third will be met by Milas Municipality.
Prof. Dr. Yılmaz Büyükerşen Mayor of Eskişehir
Cartoonist-The Chairman of the jury
Muhammet Tokat – Mayor of Milas
Kamil Masaracı - Cartoonist
İzel Rozental - Cartoonist
Zeynep Gargi - Cartoonist
Zehra Ömeroğlu - Cartoonist
Sevda Deniz Anıl - Cartoonist
Yoshiaki Yokota-Cartoonist / Japan
Hayati Boyacıoğlu - Cartoonist / Germany
Mehmet Nergiz - Instructor Painter
Bülent Örkensoy - Coordinator
Runner up: ₺7.500.00
Other Special Prizes will be awarded by various establishments, societies, newspapers, art magazines, trade unions, news agents and individuals.
Note: The jury meeting will be held on the 12 May 2022.