MUNICIPALITY OF PLOVDIV
REGIONAL ETHNOGRAPHIC MUSEUM – PLOVDIV
UNIVERSITY OF AGRIBUSINESS AND RURAL DEVELOPMENT – PLOVDIV
PLOVDIV CARTOONISTS ASSOCIATION
INTERNATIONAL BIENNIAL FOR CARICATURE MASTERS OF CARICATURE
ХI EDITION PLOVDIV 2021
ХI INTERNATIONAL BIENNIA L FOR CARICATURE MASTERS OF CARICATURE Plovdiv’ 2021
SUBJECT: THE MUSEUM
In Antiquity, the Musaeum was the Temple of the Muses – patrons of the arts. Since the very beginning of the creation of the museum, it became a center of the cultural and social life of the community, a place where different scientific researches and discoveries were presented. For more than two millennia, the museums have kept the knowledge and traditions, the tangible and intangible treasures, they educate and they are desirable destinations for cultural tourism…
The museums' purpose is to preserve the cultural and historical heritage and successfully pass it forward.
They manage to provide something for every taste – for some people, it is a source of knowledge; for others, it is a place for reflection and entertainment or a journey back in time. Over the years, they have become organizations that build up their universal character and language intelligible to everyone – no matter the sex, race, or religion.
The museum is a specific communication tool for people from different epochs removing the barriers between them, shortening the distances, breaking and eradicating the stereotypes.
How do caricaturists “see” the museum? Could this heritage treasury be “described” and “characterized” with pencil, pen, or ink?
We are looking forward to your answers.
Address for submission:
Regional Ethnographic Museum – Plovdiv
2 Dr. Stoyan Chomakov str.
1. The Biennial for Caricature is open to professional and amateur caricaturists from all over the world;
2. Each participant should send up at least one piece of work 210/297 (A4 format);
3. The caricatures may be colourful or black-and-white;
4. Participants should send their caricatures by July 31, 2021;
5. Caricatures, sent only via email can be included in the exhibition but will not participate in the competition and will not be awarded.
6. It is advisable that together with their caricatures, participants also send a photograph or take-off and CV;
7. An international jury will nominate five caricaturists who will be conferred the title Master of Caricature;
8. Awarded caricatures are not sent back;
9. The rest of the caricatures will be sent back if authors state that in written form;
10. The Catalogue of the exhibition will be given free of charge to participants whose caricatures are included in the Catalogue.
Time and venue: October 1st, 2021, at 18:00
in the Regional Ethnographic Museum.
Submission deadline: July 31, 2021
The nominated works will be kept in Works of Fine Art Stock of Regional Ethnographic Museum – Plovdiv
Phone: ++ 359 32 626339.